Skip to main content

The last set

The arena was filled with a sudden silence. It was just announced that he will break his own record. The hundreds of thousands of audience comprising of men, women and children were personally shaken by this decision of their champion. Though the crowd was mixed, the event manager knew that women formed the majority of the crowd. At a far end of the arena, a group of people lit candles to pray for their favorite hero to win this historic event. Infinite banners were held by the faithful fans hoping the camera would catch a glimpse of it anytime. Cameras kept looping through some of the interesting ones.

"WE LOVE YOU. PLEASE MARRY ME AND MY SISTERS!" said a banner held by a group of 5 ultra hot Quintuplets sisters with the center one dressed in Princess Leia's costume in Star Wars. All the others sisters were dressed identically in a slightly slutty futuristic costume. They jumped in joy when they saw themselves on the big screen. The other screen switched to a camera pointed at their hero looking at the girls on the big screen and smiling. He winked his eyes and gave them a flying kiss. The roaring audience cheered for it, setting a new record of decibel level in the arena recorded by any past event, amidst the annoying vuvuzelas which never stopped.

The Bell rang thrice and a blanket of silence crept over the arena again. All the cameras pointed at him, at the center of the arena inside the ring. The commentators were raising the heat of the situation asking critical questions like - "Will he disappoint his faithful fans by failing this attempt to break his own previous record ?", "Is he going to loose his fan given title of 'EVER WINNING WONDERMAN' by the FFFUUs (Female Fan Federation of United Uruguay) ? All of this will be answered in the next one minute." paused the commentator.

ONE.... yelled the show host on the ring who stood near him as he took the first step towards eternal glory. The audience cheered over the arena following his voice on the speakers.

TWO... Another round of cheers along with claps heard all over the arena. The audience cheered and clapped like they swore to cheer louder than their previous one each time.

One by one the count kept increasing THREEEE, FOURRRR, FIIIVVE, SIXXX.... SEVVVEN and by the time he reached EIGHT, the audience cheering sound level raised even more, that it almost shattered every glass present in the place. With just two more to go, when he made the attempt for NINE, he just paused half way and the whole crowd went .. "Ohhhhhhhh!" and he stopped there in mid air unable to complete nor give up THE NINTH step. Horror crept upon everyone's face in the arena including the commentators who were left speechless. If you were there, you would have thought you suddenly went deaf. And then a little boy jumped over the security towards the commentators and yelled in their Mic - "Youuuuu Can Doooo Itttt......Pleaseeee Don't give uppppp!" One by one the audience started to shout and in a matter of seconds all of them yelled in a chorus "You Can do it", "You Can do it".... and it went on..

Then the miracle happened, he, in the center of the ring on the stage, started to move, and the crowd started to increase their tempo "You can do it", "You can do it" faster and faster. And then Bang... he reached NINE and for another quick one and TEN!!!!!

"This is unbelievable, history has been rewritten today and we are all extremely thankful for being a part of it and witnessing it" - the commentator went on the Mic. The crowd went on like they can never get tired. Camera showed a bunch of girls who even flashed themselves on the event of this epic moment revealing his name tattooed all over them.

And then I open my eyes completing my extra set of crunches, coming to the real world surrounded by guys working out with full focus like no one else even existed in the gym apart from them. I get up and say good bye to the instructor and get out.

Its one month since I joined the Gym :P

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Silly 'Flu'sh Back

Day 1:- Swine Flu's fear and fame was at its peak among the people. I was even more worried as the area in which I lived in Bangalore had some reported deaths and a lot of infections. A friend and colleague said I am over reacting and panicking too much. I replied with Tha'lame' fake anguish on my face - "Yeiiii ! Na Thani Aal illa !" (I am not just a single/one person). He replied - "Yes, I heard you eat three people's lunch"

To multiply the horror effect, suddenly many people in office were starting to catch "common cold". So, at times in office, when I am one among 2 or more people, who try to pass through a small space between cubicles, I do "About turn" and take my mobile and start calling Credit card telemarketers to make the move seem natural and escape the situation.

Day 2:- I was sitting at my place heavily concentrating on tasks like pointlessly checking mails continuously and occasionally doing productive work. Then I h…

How I know Vodafone India is selling your numbers to Telemarketers!

My phone speakers stopped working a little while ago. So when the phone is not with me, which is, most of the time, I have the habit of calling people back after I see the missed calls. So I called up this unknown number today who had tried to call me earlier. "Good Morrrrningg Doctor Raahaevoswangyaaa" (that's how he pronounced it), the guy said on the other line. Ok, I know! the 'Doctor' part right? I will explain soon below. My brain quickly figured out two possible callers - either its an old friend or its someone from Vodafone customer service calling me.

I thought it was an old friend first, because the way the guy wished me 'good morning' was the rough equivalent of a class of seventy five 5th standard students wishing the class teacher 'good morning' in the first hour of Monday morning. Except, there was no chorus and just one voice tone which was very close to Akshay Kumar's, in one of his 'decade old' movies with that annoyin…

Cute Kavithaigal

These were forwarded to me.. loved them