Skip to main content

Good Fiction - An attempt

He glanced through the corner gap of his green curtained window at the big 'dot like' red light on top of a distant mobile phone signal tower. What if that was a sniper's laser beam ? He thought to himself and smiled at his own insanity. There were sprinkled pieces of cake littered from a empty packet near the mouse. He held the mouse and did a right click.The speakers played some music with soft beats. His dark face was lit with bright white light from the LCD monitor. There was only text on it.

'Thud !!' a loud bang was heard at the window glass. He thought he saw a quick shadow. Panic clung tightly on to his veins. He slowly rose from his chair. There was no sound except for the music and the fan. He lowered the volume. As he looked down and he froze out of fear at the mysterious black area on the visible area of the window glass. He took a few seconds to regain strength. In normal situations he would usually run out of his room and wake up his flat mates. But now that they were out of town, he was all by himself. Slowly he took out his mobile phone and turned on the torch on it and directed the beam from the floor slowly towards it.

'Screw it'- I am never going to write good fiction, he thought to himself as he opened his eyes unable to continue his imagination. I am posting this to my blog titled - 'Good fiction - An attempt', no matter what, he said to himself.

Comments

  1. Dude, a laser beam from a sniper and that of a red lamp are entirely different things :P

    Nice try, should research better ;) he he

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Arun Thanks for your views dude. I get your point, but I did say "He smiled at his own insanity"

    ReplyDelete
  3. "There were sprinkled pieces of cake littered from a empty packet near the mouse. He held the mouse and did a right click."

    Awesome lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. good one yaar. Kinda nice flow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you could have just written on and made a story... for the hec of it.. anyways niice one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ItsMe @moukound
    Thanks guys.. will try sometime later to develop it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How I know Vodafone India is selling your numbers to Telemarketers!

My phone speakers stopped working a little while ago. So when the phone is not with me, which is, most of the time, I have the habit of calling people back after I see the missed calls. So I called up this unknown number today who had tried to call me earlier. "Good Morrrrningg Doctor Raahaevoswangyaaa" (that's how he pronounced it), the guy said on the other line. Ok, I know! the 'Doctor' part right? I will explain soon below. My brain quickly figured out two possible callers - either its an old friend or its someone from Vodafone customer service calling me.

I thought it was an old friend first, because the way the guy wished me 'good morning' was the rough equivalent of a class of seventy five 5th standard students wishing the class teacher 'good morning' in the first hour of Monday morning. Except, there was no chorus and just one voice tone which was very close to Akshay Kumar's, in one of his 'decade old' movies with that annoyin…

A Silly 'Flu'sh Back

Day 1:- Swine Flu's fear and fame was at its peak among the people. I was even more worried as the area in which I lived in Bangalore had some reported deaths and a lot of infections. A friend and colleague said I am over reacting and panicking too much. I replied with Tha'lame' fake anguish on my face - "Yeiiii ! Na Thani Aal illa !" (I am not just a single/one person). He replied - "Yes, I heard you eat three people's lunch"

To multiply the horror effect, suddenly many people in office were starting to catch "common cold". So, at times in office, when I am one among 2 or more people, who try to pass through a small space between cubicles, I do "About turn" and take my mobile and start calling Credit card telemarketers to make the move seem natural and escape the situation.

Day 2:- I was sitting at my place heavily concentrating on tasks like pointlessly checking mails continuously and occasionally doing productive work. Then I h…

Cute Kavithaigal

These were forwarded to me.. loved them